Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Funk (Not the George Clinton kind)

I should really be more depressed about this than I am. I haven't done anything on my list of things to do for October.

The costume I am wearing to my friend's party is recycled for a (number higher than 3) time. I don't know how many times I have actually worn it. I like wearing it though, and have definitely got my cost out of it. I don't want to say blatantly what it is, but if you have seen various pictures of me wearing he same thing on different Halloweens, it's that one.

I haven't even seen a hayride. I know they exist. There was a rumor, or a plan, to attend one. That sort of fell through. I'm not exactly sure how it dropped out from under me. I'm going to blame my lameness of covering for people at work as the excuse. Six day work weeks aren't fun. It kind of puts a damper on my whole desire to be festive. I did find out that one of my customers works for a near-by hayride. They actually stuck him in the corn-maze. He would fit in any attraction. He's bigger and taller than me. He pulls off the whole intimidating thing extremely well. I like to poke fun at his Scooby-Doo reading. I doubt it's for his wife.

I haven't even been remotely close to attending the PA Renn Faire. I've seen my friend, Paul, a couple times and he tells me about the shows. Once and a while, he busts out a photo of the event. I feel bad That I haven't been up there this year.

The zoo isn't even an option now. Animals are frightened of me. Maybe I'm projecting some negativity that they don't like or something. Still, no Lego exhibit and no new giraffe. No punching balloon and swaggering with peacocks. I'll have to be content to look longingly from my computer chair till next season.

I still don't even know how to get into Linvilla Orchards. No fresh pumpkins for me. I'll have to settle for buying them from a parking lot. I have made a couple out of clay for my store though. They are for a Halloween gaming event. I still have to paint a few of them.

Well, that's about it. I have a recycled costume for Saturday's party. I'm going to some shindig in Philly the following weekend. Well, at least, I am planning on going. I have no idea if I'm going to dress up for that or not.

Oh, and I didn't even make a mix for this year's Halloween. I'm am in quite the funk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get to blogging

LackeyPA said...

I was actually thinking of doing this more. Thinking of it this morning actually. Creepy.