Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Distractions

I had a tab open to this window all night with the chance that I may actually write something. I kept getting distracted by other things.

The final distraction was actual work I typically need for my job. Ok, I don't really need it, but it is useful to me. I make a list of everything I think we are getting in to the store comic-wise, along with the appropriate code. I do it to have some resource where I know I can reorder something if I have to. It is partially archaic, but it's all I have. At the moment, there is no universal database for comic reordering. I also don't have direct access to the main distributors excell sheet. I hand write every order on paper and fax it it. Yes, I know how to use a fax machine. My rep on the other end then has to type every code into the appropriate box followed by the right quantity. It is a long process.

I find that I have a tendency to meet people and not get their names. It happened again today. Sadly, it wasn't a woman. It was a guy who works in a similar position to me at a store in DC. He was happy just to gripe to someone who understands.

I am tired and need sleep. My brain isn't functioning properly. It is still clouded by sick fogginess. It is clearing but rest is usually need for regeneration.

No comments: