Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's Saturday Night

It is Saturday night. I worked all day. It was boring and relatively uneventful. No one called to hang out, but also no one really bothered me at work aside from the occasional annoying customer. Sometimes I think people come into my store to just talk because no one else will listen to their useless garbage. I do not know how much your R. Crumb book is worth. Yes, I think it is cool. No I do not think you have a gold mine. I am the best comic expert in the store right now. No, I do not know how much it is worth... again.


I actually wound up staying late. My cohort from the morning shift came back around closing. His girlfriend had to wake up early, but he wanted to lay board games. After wrangling a couple of the late-stayers, he broke out Last Night On Earth. It is a zombie game that plays out like a B-horror movie. It actually seems pretty cool. It seem like the sort of thing I will pick up and want to play every weekend leading up till Halloween. I will shell out the cash, but there is one problem. There will probably be a severe lack of people to play with. It's hard enough to get people to spend time in a bar, movie, diner, whatever. A board game requires time and a place with enough room. Those things are hard to find in this day and age with everyone being so busy, and having the kids and other responsibilities, like pilates class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sir are always welcome to join us for some good clean zombie fun