Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Structured Ranting

I have been lacking with writing lately. It seems that every time I have some inclination to write something, I am no where near the computer. Taking notes also doesn't really work either. I sort of lose the passion after a prolonged delay from the keyboard. Another excuse is that I tend to be very tired lately. I literally didn't get in from work until 7:30 tonight. After eating and checking my typical websites, I grew sleepy and proceeded to fall asleep in my computer chair. I eventually moved upstairs to my bed to possibly catch a good hour nap. It turned into about 3 hours. Apparently my dream was good because I wanted to keep retuning to it. Now, as I sit down to type, it completely escapes my mind what the dream was about.

Yesterday my boss asked me to write up a little advertisement for the store that would go in some high school playbill. I completely froze when I attempted to write anything. My coworker, Trent, even pointed out that I was supposed to be a writer. I told him, "No, I just went to school for it." Eventually, I laid dwon some words to promote the correct products, but they were mainly ideas. There were no complete sentences to be had. Eventually my boss cleaned it up because it had to be done in minutes. I only had about 5 minutes from start to some up with the whole thing because the lady picking up the ad was on her way in. My boss, true to form, forgot that he promised to get it to her.

Theoretically, I want to write more. I want to come up with some creative outlet for people to experience. I just have no real passion for it at the moment. I have no real drive to get works of fiction out. I haven't actually written anyting with any creative merit for years. I write a good bit, mind you, when I write this type of blog stuff, but most of it is really rambling. Call it, structured ranting.

All in all, I am attempting to get back into something. When the window of time I have to actually write is so small, it's difficult to cram things into it. The only time I really have to do the things I want to do usually consists of the few hours before I have to get to sleep beofre work the next day. I don't even sleep much in a typical night. My average time is only about 4 to 5 hours a night, so there is a reason why I take naps and sleep late on weekends. All of that time sleeping takes away from my fun time to write, play video games, watch movies, and any other hobby I want to do.

I'll have to figure something out. I need to find a muse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered poorly done web comics?