Sunday, February 02, 2014

No Repetition for this Groundhog Day

It is February 2nd, and the Superbowl just ended a few moments ago.

I didn't really watch it. It was on in the peripheral of my vision. Mainly, I was playing World of Warcraft, doing something monotonous. I was listening to some classic rock and a podcast to break up the noise.

I have nothing against the Superbowl. I usually watch it. This entire season of football really didn't grab my attention. Sure, I am from Philly, and the Eagles did pretty good considering a terrible start. I just didn't watch many of the games. I usually have a tendency to sleep late on Sundays. I work Monday nights and Thursday nights, so those games are out of the picture. I just didn't feel compelled to watch. I usually like football. Hell, I like watching most sports in general. I just don't make a consistent habit of it.

Still, the Superbowl happened and the Seahawks handily defeated the Broncos. All that matter is that no matter who won, legalized marijuana won. See, each team was from a state where buying pot is legal for recreational use.

It is also Groundhog Day. You can blame Punxitauny Phil that we will have six more weeks of winter. He saw his shadow, but really, after the winter so far, I am not surprised there isn't an end in near sight. It is even supposed to snow tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that. I have had enough of snow this season. One thing I absolutely hate about winter is the necessity to clean my car off whenever I want to go somewhere.

Other than that, I am currently pretty tired out of boredom. Playing WoW is just making my eyes droopy. I think I am just going to watch some Supernatural via convenient DVD.

No comments: