Monday, June 27, 2005

Poetry

I've never been any good at poetry.

I could write line after line, couplet after couplet, and not come up with something meaningful. I'm just not that great at expressing myself through metaphysical means. Well, at least through the art of poetry.

I've tried writing it before, but it never felt right. For me, it just seemed like a few lines jotted down on a screen or paper that didn't really make much sense. Most of the time, it didn't portray what I was trying to explain anyway. It's supposed to be about feeling and expression, but it mostly wound up as crap.

I'm not saying that I don't like poetry. I do. I've always like Shakespeare's Sonnets, even some Robert Frost and e e cummings are good every once and a while. I just don't think it's easy to express oneself through poetry, at least not expressed well.

I should probably just sit down and write some awful poetry, just to do it. I should give an example on how bad I truly am at it. I'll probably compose something when I can think of something worth expressing. Right now, I don't know what's going on to express it. Then again, confusion could be a poem, right?

No comments: