Sunday, August 24, 2008

Late night.

I should not be up right now. It is 5 in the morning, and I just got home from a friend's house. I have been drinking. Apparently, the beer I was drinking coupled with my tolerance that comes and goes allowed me to get home. Despite the many beers I have had throughout the night, I was still fine enough to drive home. Now, I don't think anyone should drink and drive. I tend not to drink much if I know I am driving anywhere. Tonight just happened to be one of those nights where the alcohol just doesn't effect me.

It was fun tonight. I saw many people I usually don't see, or haven't seen in a long time. The whole point of the night was just to hang out. The beginning of it was spent at a friend's house in south Philly, and I was content just to spend the rest of my evening there. Even with limited company, there would be plenty to keep the party entertained and motivated to keep the night flowing. A phone call later, and plans were set to head to another place. A quick drive through the old neighborhood (which I really didn't need to see) and we were there with more people.

The whole night was just talking. There was no activity, no event. We weren't celebrating anything. We weren't exchanging anything. We were just there to be with one another. It was a good thing. More people should just be with one another. I enjoyed the company I was with. I hope they enjoyed mine as well.

More events should just be centered around just being with another person or people. There shouldn't be a reason, like Bar-b-q or holiday to get people at a place. People should just get together if they like each other and want to be in their presence. Going someplace as an excuse should be saved for relatives who you don't want to deal with, but are blood, so you have to deal with anyway.

Well, that's all for the moment. I am tired and need sleep. Hopefully, I will do something engaging whenever I awake.

No comments: