Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Update: Obsession, mixes, and Fringe


Update, update, update.

Let me see what I have been up to lately. In my own mind, nothing much really. I, of course, tend to think most of the stuff I do is insignificant. Watch me as I plow through random stuff in an effort to realize that, Yes, I actually do stuff.

I am obsessed. I freely admit it now. I am obsessed with Veronica Mars. I recently finished up with the first season they had on TheWB.com. The only other episodes they put up so far were a couple from the 3rd season. I wasn't quite about to jump that far ahead. The final episode of the 1st season ends with sort of a cliff hanger. Within the last two episodes of the season, they solve the main plot points they established in the first episodes. I even like that the second to last dealt with all the characters met throughout the first season. It's sort of like a who's who.

To further my obsession, I bought the DVDs today. A spontaneous trip to Target for toys, left me leaving with no plastic action figures, but 3 DVD box sets. Thankfully, I lucked out, and the typically $40 items were reduced temporarily under $20. They were $18.99 each, but who needs to be specific. At least now I won't have to deal with the same 4 commercials while watching.

I have also been attempting to produce a mix CD for Halloween. I have made 4 of these, that I can think of. I am attempting to not repeat any songs either. So far, I have around 40 potential candidates but am still going to look for more songs. I didn't finish looking through my whole digital library, and there are plenty of Cd's that aren't on my computer. I'll probably just settle on a decent mix without attempting to have a concise theme. A broad genre that should flow together. I should have it done before the end of the month, this weekend at the earliest.

Fringe was also on tonight. I decided to give it a try. It reminds me of the X-Files, but not quite the X-files. It is the easiest comparison to relate the shows. Both dealt with strange phenomenon. Both centered around government agents. One had a male lead in Duchovney. The other had a female lead in Torv. Fringe is not the X-files though. It is more strongly based on theoretical science. If they can keep up the mad scientist routine, I will greatly appreciate the show.

No comments: