Wednesday, September 17, 2008

With my best suit and my tie.

I have no idea if I am going to get a costume for Halloween. For starters, I have no idea if I will even get the chance to wear a costume. I will not, repeat, will not wear something to work. Even though it is on a Friday, and I work Friday mornings with someone who would dress up if I asked him to, I will not. The past couple times I made any effort to dress-up for any occasion, others failed to do it with me. Mainly, the boss man said he would, and just had the though sieve right out.

Anyway, my second problem is about what to actually dress as. It has always been a problem for me whenever I am required to wear a costume for anything. I usually have no set idea what I want to be. The few times I was hard pressed for a costume, I scoured the Halloween shops and allowed my brain to formulate some type of idea for me. The synapses fired, and something tangible came through.

The other night, I took some early effort to solve this problem. I Googled a quick search for some costume shops. There are plenty of sites that sell these damn thing, so they tend to show pictures of their product as well. I went through about 20-something pages of costumes with about 20 costumes per page. There was a sad realization, but also something semi-worthwhile. For every 25 or so female costumes, there was only 1 male costume. While I did like seeing the variety of skimpy outfits on the female models, I was kind of disappointed in the selection for the guys. Needless to say, I didn't capture any idea to work with for any potential masquerades.

I think it's neat that there are so many different variations on certain female costumes. Things can have the same basic description and only have slight differences in actual presentation. For example, I saw "Luck of the Irish" costumes. They were both takes on a leprechaun and sported short skirts, green tops and white stockings. On one, the green skirt was puffed out, and the other was flat. The details make them different, sure. If I was to see to similarly sized girls at a party, each wearing one of these costumes, I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart without glaring. I probably would be glaring, but still.

Oh well, here's hoping I may get the chance to wear something that does resort to me raiding my brother's work clothes. My fingers are crossed that I'll get to see some scantily-clad ladies as well. I didn't see nearly enough of them during the summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/djrobotmonster/babysuit.jpg

Anonymous said...

damn thing cut off my link.. what the hell..
first part

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa69


second part:
/djrobotmonster/babysuit.jpg

Eric said...

dude you gotta make your own shit. Its all about giant pieces of foamcore, and large printouts