Saturday, November 08, 2008

Recovering after a night out

I should have been pretty drunk tonight. I was hanging out with a few old friends. I was going to see the Olde City Sideshow, but it was a mix up in dates and they weren't performing. Instead I hung out with John, the OCSS talker, and my friend Ken. We were joined later by some other fellow employees and former employees of my work at a bar in Media, PA.

It was a good time. Many memories were brought up. There was talk of current problems. There was even an announcement of a new job. No, it wasn't for me.

After we had decided to part, I hung out with a couple guys afterward and went to another bar to have a couple more drinks. This was probably not a good idea. I had two more, and thought that was too much. When we left, they headed to a diner, and I headed home. I sat in my car for a bit and finished an energy drink.

Things didn't agree with me on the ride home. I was alert enough to not drive irregularly, but my stomach ached. It was like when I have sweet malt liquor, as in hard lemonade or twisted tea. It hurts my belly. I convinced myself to just make it till I got home. Only one traffic light was against me. I got home fine and parked, things took a turn for relief shortly thereafter. I feel much better now, and don't think I will be up for much longer.

My only down point was that there weren't many women where I was. The only real interaction I had was with a friend's girlfriend. the second bar sported more women, but the ratio of guys to girls was something like 5 to 1. It was all out of whack.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I have yet to determine what it may bring. Hopefully, it will be enjoyable.

No comments: