Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anniversary... getting back to it.

Well, today was interesting, a bit.

My mom celebrated her 20th anniversary with her company today. She called me to say they had pizza, balloons and an engraved picture frame. She was exited. It was a good thing. She has been with the University of Penn Health System for a long time now. Hell, I was 8 when she started. I don't even know what she did before that. I think it was some sort of nursing home care thing.

It felt like old guy and crazy person day at the mall. There was a bevy of people who belong under watchful care, that wasn't there. There were a couple of the normal crazies that I can handle. Unfortunately there was a couple that like to talk to themselves and scare people away. The old guys were all nostalgic. One of them, was kind of a dick that couldn't understand that we didn't carry comics from the 50's, i.e. the Golden Age. We usually would, but it's not like every collection we have come in contains rare gems. Most of the crap people try to sell to my store tends to be stuff from the 80s and 90s which isn't worth much.

1 comment:

Ken said...

speaking of anniversaries, you've probably crossed teh 5 year mark at showcase by mow right?