Saturday, December 13, 2008

Energy Drinks make my mind boil

I drank an energy drink on the way to my car after leaving the bar. It was not my best idea.

I spent the night with the Olde City Sideshow at National Mechanics. It was a good time. There was a decent crowd that responded phenomenally. I saw and chatted with a few people I have not seen in a while. One works at Steven Singer Jewelers, so I know where I have to go if I have any standard adornment needs. There was beer flowing, and loud terrible music playing. Well, the music wasn't terrible in and of itself, it was mainly the DJ playing it. He has no idea what he is doing and wrecks every sound he forces on my eardrums.

Other than that, my dad is in the hospital. I'm not sure if he was released yet. I got a cryptic call from my aunt (his sister). She is sort of a loon, so I passed it off and called my oldest brother to see what the deal was all about. Apparently, at this point all I know is that my dad was admitted for shortness of breath. He is in his mid to late 60s, and a retired Philadelphia firefighter. They performed some tests, but I haven't heard any results. They had him walk up and down the hallway, and he started having trouble breathing. The symptoms could be almost anything. I feel like it's an episode of House. There are many bugs going around that could be the culprit. There was also mention of possibly asbestosis.

I haven't talked to my dad in months. In fact, the last conversation we had was an accident. He was reading down a list of his sons' phone numbers and meant to call my brother, Matt. We talked for a bit, but we really don't have much in common. Hopefully, everything will be fine. I'll try and call him tomorrow.

No comments: