Thursday, February 24, 2005

This snow

Well, this snow is going to suck. I can feel it.

The day is going to start with snow flurries as I head into the mall. My coworker will probably think about calling out. Every shopper will think about staying home, and half of them will. I'll probably have about 3 sales form open till noon. Only a handful after that as well.

The whole mall will be busy thinking about what's going to happen. Whether or not the mall will officially close is up in the air. If the mall could stay open through nuclear winter, they would. Only after the poking and prodding of the anchor store, i.e. Sears, JC Pennys, and Boscovs, will the mall even think about closing. They'll probably issue warnings and such saying that they are remaining open. 15 minutes later, they'll probably say they'll close in a couple hours. 10 minutes later, the entire mall will be dead quiet. No shoppers. Most of the stores will have closed by then knowing that no business will still take place. What's the point of staying open if there is no money to be made?

I'll probably wind up waiting for a bus in the cold snow. I've done it before in a blizzard, and it's not fun. I'll pay my $3.10 for bus fair, zone charge, and transfer slip. The bus will probably be late, and run slow. I'll miss my second bus. I'll still probably wind up walking through my door at about the same time I would if it hadn't snowed.

This snow is going to suck.

No comments: