Friday, February 05, 2010

Doctor, Mr. MD.

OK. Time to play catch-up. I missed a day of writing and feel pretty guilty about it. My car trip home from a party can only drag out so many words. It was a solo story after all. I had no dialog. I doubt people would want to read me talking to myself... even though that is kind of what I do when I write these things. It's just not aloud.

I passed out early last night. I got home from work, and promptly passed out as I attempted to watch ECW. Turns out there won't be an ECW in about 3 weeks time. WWE is changing the show to NXT, because they ache to be hip, and fail miserably at it. Anyway, I didn't see the end of the show because I slumped in my computer chair with the blog in one tab and video game stuff in another. I awoke 2hours later, and thought it was best to get the trash out instead of trying to force myself to write some inane gibberish. So, I pushed that gibberish off till today.

I needed to wake up early today anyway, so sleep was a good thing. Typically on a Thursday, I don't usually have to be up until work, and that's not till 5PM. I usually sleep in and claim that I am trying to catch up on sleep. In reality, I just like dreaming. Still, I had a doctor's appointment at 11Am, so I needed to be up well before I normally am, but late enough for me to get some extra hours sleep.

I had to see the doctor because my mom is worried about me. She is a mom after all. I have been having some stomach problems over the last week, so she made me an appointment to see the doctor. Luckily, she works in the doctor's office, so I had an easy in.

On the way in, I decided to finally listen to a podcast that was on my iPod since early December. It was from Talkradar and was the roast of one of the hosts, Dan Amrich. Dan was also the host of another podcast I listen to called OXM. He had a good, nearly 3 hour, roast because he left his lengthy tenure at OXM for a World of Warcraft Magazine, and eventually left that when offered a job at Activision. Activision is one of the biggest video game companies in the world. Still, I enjoy the guy, and find him very funny. He even has his own parody band called Pallete-Swap Ninja. In any case, it was fun to hear accolades for someone I respect and has been in the video game writing business since 1993.

While seeing the doctor, I had to go over all the problems I could remember having. I know on Saturday I felt nauseous and feverish. After that though, I was feeling batter, and didn't want to see the doctor. The doctor still wanted to do some tests, and the final test was the most feared. The rectal exam.

Oh boy, that was unpleasent. I even knew it was going to happen. It was just wishful thinking that he would bypass it. He didn't want to do it. I didn't want it. It just had to be done. Thankfully, there was nothing negative on the test results. Turns out I am apparently on the recovery swing of whatever decided to attack me. I need to eat more fiber, to get me more regular. That's about it.

Afterward, I decided to treat myself to some shopping. I bought a couple DVDs and the Them Crooked Vultures CD. I consider it entertainment prep for the apparent Wrath of God snowstorm that will hit the area. I really don't want it to be that bad. I'm not even going to be at work for it. I just would like to go to my friends' birthday party Friday night.

1 comment:

LCB said...

CRINGE!