Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Dreams May Come

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Of course, most people don't want to get out of bed in the morning. Very rarely is there proper motivation to start the day. Still, this morning was because of a dream.

I like dreaming. It is pure escapism. I was sort of happy in my dream last night. It dealt with normal things. I don't often dream about extreme stuff. Not many zombie apocalypse or flying dreams for me. Most of the things I deal with are situations that could be probably considering the elements involved.

I had a dream about a girl I had a crush on in grade school. I know, that was a long, long time ago. I doesn't help matters that I spent the majority of my scholastic life with her. Grade school, high school and even college were all the same places for the two of us. I wouldn't say we were really great friends, but we were definitely friendly. We never dated. Would I do something for her if she wanted? Yes, I would. Would I ask her to do anything for me? Probably not. I tend not to ask any body for anything. That's not a good thing.

Anyway, the reason she probably showed up in my dreams is that I see her occasionally. She is still in the area. I passed her at my mall when I was out of the store getting something from CVS. Still all smiles and happiness, she never fails to make my day a bit brighter.

Oh, I should mention, I dream about mundane things. This wasn't a wet dream or anything. In fact, I rarely have those. The whole point of the dream was revolving around her losing her car and her mom or some maternal figure had an option of two for her. The other was going to go to me for some strange reason. I mainly didn't want to leave because I just wanted to spend time with her.

See, the sad thing is that I believe she is married. She occasionally passes my store, like twice a year or so, waiting for her former boyfriend, now husband. He reads comics. I have no idea who he is. I just think it's funny that she wound up with a guy like that.

I don't know. Maybe it's Valentine's Day. Maybe it's the mortality thing that my 30th birthday is next week. It could be just about anything. It definitely doesn't help that I'm listening to Blues right now.

I just figured that I should write something. I don't typically like putting names to things. I highly doubt she will ever read this, but on the off chance she stumbles by, no need for her to feel... whatever. I should sleep. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Maybe my dreams tonight will be pleasant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dream t about this boy I danced with at the 6th grade cotillion like 2 weeks ago. It was the first dream I had had in like a year. His name was Matt and he was insanely dorky just my type(this is real). He said he liked my socks and when I looked at them in the dream, one was striped and the other polka dotted(this was in the dream). Dreaming is the bestest, I have noticed I cant dream unless Im super comfy, unless I fall into sleep instead of forcing it I wont dream.