Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!


Today is my birthday. I am now 30.

I have no idea how to celebrate my birthday. I'm not really one for grandiose plans. Most of the time I try not to plan things because plans have a tendency to fail. So, at the moment, I have no real plan to celebrate another year of my birth.

I didn't do anything this past weekend for it. Nothing looks to be in the books for this weekend. All I know is that I will probably be working by myself all day. My boss is taking a trip to Baltimore to meet with some Games Workshop heads for lunch. Knowing my boss, it will be some long conversations. There may be a chance that I have some relief in the form of my co-worker, Gregg. I don't know if he's coming in or not. He has a real job that actually supports his family, so he may be off doing that.

So, I may be all by my lonesome. My bosses daughter trumped my own birthday with bigger news. I don't think I should go throwing it around the internets. Let's just say it's good news for her. She also told me to call her to come into work if I am, indeed, alone.

There is a lot of change lately. It seems odd. Work is going well. We seem to be doing a bit better after last week's annual sale. A guy came in asking about our store, because he was opening one across the way in the mall. It's a sports collectible store, so it would only compete with us in the bare minimum of ways. In fact, my boss will stop carrying sports cards in general, if the guy doesn't carry game cards. It's really not that big a deal for either store. Sports cards are only in our store for the kids that just want a pack of cards.

I also found out that one of my friends from EB was let go. It sucks that I won't be seeing him as frequently. I guess I will just have to try and keep up with him as he kicks my ass in Xbox.

I think more change is on the way. Things are just shifting.

I have no expectations for gifts for my birthday, just like Christmas. All I know is that I get to buy stuff for myself afterward. I am going to Suncoast to pick up some DVDs though. I get an extra discount on my birthday. A chance would have it, the new DC Animated title Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, comes out today. I love all the DC animated stuff, so I will probably buy the most expensive copy that will work on a regular DVD-player. I haven't gotten into the whole Blu-Ray thing. No High Def TV at home.

I will now throw together a mix to use a a draft. I want some new things to listen to at work.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Happy birthday kev.

LCB said...

Happy Birthday!!