Tuesday, February 02, 2010

NRA: Too Sweet


I got a membership to the NRA today. I don't even own a gun.

Granted, I have nothing really against the organization. I just wouldn't think I would be on their mailing list. The envelope came with a neat little plastic card and everything. At first, I thought it was a credit card. I was just thinking minutes earlier that I need a credit card. Rather, I would like a credit card. Need is an oftentimes over used word. Still, if it was a credit card, I probably would have accepted it. It would be funny to have an NRA credit card. I have a feeling that people at stores would probably be more cautious around you when you would use it.

I got exceptionally pissed off today with a single phone call. My brother called to ask me to pick up "the gray box switch thingy from Radio Shack.: What he was referring to was the AV Switch I use to change the input of the television between the cable, DVD and Xbox 360. He thought I should just go grab another. He didn't know, that it isn't some cheap piece of equipment and actually originally cost me around $30. My brother took some initiative and switched the faulty outlet where the television is connected. While reconnecting the plugs, the picture on the TV wasn't working. He called me, but I can't do electronic repair over the phone. I just hate that I was basically asked to just throw more money at the problem and maybe it would go away. I wanted to break something after I was on the phone with him.

My coworkers were slightly worried because I kept slipping the "f-bomb" while children were around. I usually restrain myself. I tried to squeeze the store's computer's mouse to death, but it didn't work. My brother called back a little later. Turns out the problem was just a loose wire. Go figure.

For some strange reason I got really tired, really fast around 12:15 tonight. I watched most of wrestling and still needed to write this, as well as fill out a few chances for the church's drawing. I still have to do that last one actually. Still, I fell asleep at the exact moment the final segment of wrestling aired. It was like pinpoint timing. I had to read the results on the computer. Granted, I could just re-watch the program to see the end, but that would take me fast-forwarding through 2 hours of TV.

So, tomorrow is February 2nd. It is Ground Hog Day and marks the moment when some rodent out in western PA decides if we have 6 more weeks of winter. It is also, probably more important, the final season premiere of LOST.

I am heading over my friend, Eric's, place for this viewing. Eric is a little obsessed with the show. The themed party will supposedly be catered with an island theme, complete with Lost style labels on things. Our friend, Ken, is even coming from NYC and bringing ribs for the occasion. Other than seeing good friends and watching a good show, having some of Ken's ribs would be reason enough to have a party. I have had them one other time, and they are delicious. The boy has skills when it comes to a rib-rub.

Well, I need to still go write out chances. I'm going to go do that while watching a podcast. I hope everyone (all 3 of you) have a good day.

4 comments:

LCB said...

thanks Kev!

Anonymous said...

for what??
I miss the schmib.

LCB said...

he wished all 3 of us a good day!

put your glasses on!

LackeyPA said...

see, instead of my occasional post on a forum, you get me ranting on a blog without ACB2 or "Just Fuck Already"s.

I'll try to wok on a topic about knitting, though.