Saturday, January 16, 2010

B-Game

Wow. I have almost no energy today. It's like someone stuck a straw in me and sucked out all the fun. I did have family over, so that could be it.

Well, I had a pretty good time at the bar last night. It started off rather boring with no one I usually talk to there, so instead I talked with a girl I have a passing acquaintance with. i know who she is and all, it's just that we never really talk. I apparently switched to my B-game for the night and was just having a good time while not being as overboard as I can be.

Since I didn't go to the boxing match, it seemed like everyone else did. Hence why no one I knew was actually at the bar. It took till around 11Pm for everyone to role in from the festivities. Shockingly enough, Joe, who I was going to see fight, actually won the title in a decision What I didn't know was that the whole fight was around 3 minutes long. 3 one minute rounds to be exact. Hardly seemed worth it for a championship match. Joe didn't get to keep the belt, but he did get to pose with it for a while. Apparently, they had to use the same belt for the other boxers who were champions.

An old friend of mine, Bill, attended the match and showed up at the bar later. I haven't seen or talked with him in a while, so it was good to catch up. I wound up say goodbye to him twice that night, since he was stopped and talked with some of the lovely ladies that were there. Hell, even I talked with some random strangers. I was in a good enough mood, I just really had no rhythm. I mean that literally. I couldn't follow the beat of the music at all. It's like I suddenly realized I was white.

Usually, I can get into the groove of whatever is playing. Last night, I was a skipping record. As hard as I tried, I couldn't feel the beat. I may just blame the lack of hip-hop that was missing for the night. Something circa 1992 would have sufficed to kick-start my hip gyrating.

At one point I wound up talking with one girl a the jukebox as she attempted to fill it with dollars. They weren't working. I helped and we laughed at some ridiculous stuff that was already on there without even using the fancy, Internet-age Super Search. You know the expensive thing that lets you play the songs you actual want to hear for an inflated price. As the night progressed, my friend, Joe (not a boxer) egged me on to close the deal. I didn't because... I 'm a coward. Still, I was having a good time regardless. The girl was friendly and talked with many other guys, most of which attempted further acknowledgment and failed. It was only at nearly close that Joe (not a boxer) swooped in to play cleanup. He wound up with the number, despite the heckling of the bartender. Apparently, the bartender thought Joe (not a boxer) stole the girl out from under me. That didn't happen, I just sort of gave up interest.

Joe (not a boxer) called me tonight to explain himself. I told him I was probably the only person that didn't care that he did that, which is the truth. He's my friend. He looked out for me, thought I wasn't interested and pursued his own interests. I can't blame him for that.

I didn't do anything tonight. So, no fancy story about a rip-roaring Saturday night. I woke up late after getting in at 5:30 AM. I wound up hitting up a diner after the bar fiasco. Then family came over, and that was fine. We headed to my store to grab a couple things. I then proceeded to get tired in front of the computer for lack of an proper stimulus. Now, here I am writing this.

I'm going to go play video games.

No comments: