Friday, January 22, 2010

Who do that Voodoo you do so well?


The telethon to help Haiti is on television right now. I am unsure how I feel about the whole thing. Granted, I don't like that thousands of people died or that so much damage was done, but this outpouring of support seems like an excuse for something.

I think Haiti's number 1 export is voodoo. We are all in a loa trance or something right now. When this is all over Baron Samedi will raise a zombie army, and then the apocalypse begins.

I wish something interesting happened at work, but nothing did. All I day today was unpack shipments tat came in. Granted, I spent about 5 hours doing that. It was about 7 orders worth of stuff. Various sized orders from 4 different companies. It was just me and my pricing gun.

I am probably going to head out in a little while. I will of course head to the bar. I have little other direction than that. Is it wrong to look forward to just sitting in a bar and drinking? I have been wanting to do it since about Wednesday.

There's a certain unpredictably to heading to my local watering hole. For starters, it's not local at all. I have to drive a few miles to get there. I go because it seems that's where many of the people from my old neighborhood, who I can tolerate, wound up congealing. There have been Friday's when absolutely no one shows up and it is just arduos to get to close. I stick around till then because what else is there to do when I have no other set up plans. On the contrary, it could be like last week and turn out to be a good time with lots of people. It's always hit or miss. Some nights are just off, others are on.

It's a short one for now. I may be writing later whenever I get home. I think with many of the previous posts, I can allow myself a short one here and there. Christ, I think 2 posts ago I hit over 800 words. I can be a chatterbox when I'm not directly talking to someone.

No comments: