Thursday, January 14, 2010

Over the course of a couple hours.

You know, it's depressing when after making a sandwich, you look and realize the bread is moldy.

That's what I get for making my food with turning on the light. I was relying on ambient lighting. Everything seemed fine as I was prepping everything and slathering on the condiments. Now, I really want a sandwich.

I didn't get much done today. Well, at work I got some stuff done, but other than that, not much. I woke up much later than I expected. I guess I needed the rest. I don't really regret staying in bed for that long. Come to think of it, I probably would not have accomplished much before work anyway. It's hard to get properly motivated when I know that I will have to stop whatever it is I am doing and head into work.

One of the things that does suck, is that my windshield wiper fluid sprayer doesn't work. This probably wouldn't be such a big deal, if there wasn't frost on my car every single time I need to get in it. It's exceptionally bad considering that my car seems to attract dirt and grim easier than a drunk girl near last call.

During the morning drive, it's bearable. No glaring lights diffuse in my vision, so I can navigate quite well. Sadly, since this is still winter, the daylight fades early, and I am forced to deal with other's headlights. Oncoming headlights are one of my least favorite things about driving. It seems that most cars are just high enough, or angle well enough, to shoot right into my rods and cones. With the widow a little blurry, it increases the radius of the lights projected at me. This leads to much more reliance on the whole automatic driver thing, while I pray someone isn't on the road in front of me.

Since it is so cold, as I attempt to clean my windows with a solution of glass cleaner and rubbing alcohol, frost still occurs. Apparently, the whole alcohol thing was supposed to prevent that, but it doesn't really. I clean the things, and then they just frost over a bit again, just a little. It is only after a trip to the gas station where I can actually clean my windows. Apparently, using a squeegee is the only form of window cleaning my car will allow.

I'm also starting to get into the habit of just listening to iTunes whenever I am in front of the computer. I used to leave the television on as background noise, but that usually makes me try and find something decent on. Nothing ever good is really on at midnight, and [adult swim] isn't nearly as well done as it was years ago. Sometimes I just slap on Good Eats and wind up sitting down to actually watch it. If only I actually took the initiative to actually cook.

Over the last few months, I have added a ton of music onto my computer. The past week or so saw the addition of about 10 or so CDs worth of music. I have decided to not really put them in specific playlists. I used to have my whole computer listen by album, but that was a long list to scroll through every time. Now, I just get surprised whenever I hit random.

No comments: