Saturday, January 23, 2010

Afternoon wake-up

It's a pretty boring Saturday, so far. Granted, most Saturday's I don't see the light of day until dusk.

At the moment, I am listening to Respawn Radio. It is a video game podcast brought about by Achievement Hunter.com, which is a subdivision of Red Vs. Blue. That's a lot of information that most people just don't care about. I like it though. Like most podcasts out there, it has that underground feel. It's brought to you by guys that actually play these games they are talking about. They don't really hold back if something is terrible.

I was meaning to write some more last night after I came in from the bar. The problem arose when my computer was in the middle of installing updates. Instead, I watched the DVR. Before I left to go out, I recorded the last episode of Conan O'Brien hosting the Tonight Show. It was a great final episode. If you can, go find it and watch it on Hulu or something. Conan's farewell speech was well done and wholly emotional. I was glad to hear that he is getting of severance of 33 million and his crew is getting 12 million. I was worried about the people who worked for him. But, from the type of person he seems to be, I am sure that he would do whatever he could to help his people out. They will all be back in September somewhere. He is too good a commodity of pass up.

Well, the bar last night was definitely one of the more boring nights. I was even going to load the jukebox up wit crap I wanted to hear, but people beat me to it. The while the bar was fairly crowded,it wasn't the standard regulars. Apparently, one of the former regulars from when the bar had a previous name, had died. This was sort of a makeshift wake. Conversations were overheard consisting of what a good life the guy had. I didn't want to pry. It wasn't my place. Still, I made do trying to have a good time in a bad situation. It's at these points where I can be an asshole at the sake of amusement.

I didn't go overboard, and most of what I said was in jest. Still, I wanted to have a good time with the limited resources available. At one point, to lighten the boring mood, the bartender wanted to make myself and 2 friends a shot. The catch was that we each had to pick a liquor to mix. After a trip to the toilet, I walked into picking one. First thing that came to mind was amaretto. Little did I know that someone already pick Jeagermeister. Who the hell would pick Jeager as a mix in anything? The third selected a bubble-gum vodka. It was all mixed and cut with a cranberry juice. It actually wasn't too bad.

The one regret of the night was that there was no real eye-candy. I know. I am shallow. Still, I still like to see pretty things. The median age for the night was about 40 or so. Granted, I didn't feel old, but it sure as hell would have been better if some youth was involved.

Well, tonight I think I am going over a friend's place. Some sort of celebration about some birthday. I may take a trip to the book store first just to pretend that I can read. All I am really going to buy is a magazine.

No comments: