Monday, January 11, 2010

Plan for 2010

OK, here is what I am going to try and do. Now, I am not really one to make New Year's resolutions. I have a nasty habit of never really following them. I don't even work toward the pursuit of a positive resolution. Still, this is something that I probably should do regardless of resolutions.

I want to write. To get me to try and do that, I am going to attempt to write about 500 words a day. Now, that isn't much, but it adds up over time. Now, I am not relegating all words to one specific thing. Everything will not be placed on this or any other blog as some sort of track record. All I want to do is just write stuff.

I am including blog entries (like this one), forum posts (were ever it is that I venture), and even tweets/status updates. I am only including such minuscule things to give me sort of a buffer for the word counts for the one person that will be an asshole about this whole ordeal. Granted, I don't think many people will even bother reading half the shit I post, so I doubt many people will try and count the words. I have no idea if I am going to decide to back track an make up for the days since the New Year, but I'm just taking this one step at a time.

The idea just sprang on me today, limited word requirement and all. I have told all of one person in the flesh. Of course, it was some one who keeps wanting me to write. The irony is that he has never read anything I have written.m Part of the concept is derived from my friend's attempt to fill a sketchbook by the end of the year. What started as a sketch a day, quickly became 4 sketches a week, with the excuse that the book only had 220 pages (110 sheets) in it. Whatever. I just want hm to work. His talent needs to be encouraged, and the only way he'll do anything with it is if he has a purpose.

So, that's the plan. With any luck things will come from this. I need to get warmed up to write some creative stuff soon.

No comments: