Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Filler: Now with more kittens!

Turns out that I didn't write 500 words with the last post or with current ramblings through social networking sites.

Right now, this is even more difficult because I have a kitten constantly jumping onto my lap as I am typing. It is quite annoying. If he isn't jumping in my lap, he likes to just sit in front of the screen, waiting for the mouse pointer to move.

Cinder, the new kitten, has been in my home for a little over a month I think. It could be longer. I have no real concept of time when it comes to these things. Hell, I see movies on cable and think I just watched them in the theater when it was really 5 years ago they were released. Thankfully, Cinder has been declawed in the front. He used to tear my back up. He has a tendency to jump on the back of the computer chair, then slide down between my back and the back of the chair. When he wanted to move, he would take it upon himself to use my back a a step ladder to my shoulder. This was all just a set-up to sit in front of the computer screen to bat at the arrow whisking its' way across the flat surface.

I don't have a camera in front of me, so there is no picture at the time of writing. If it's not Cinder getting up in my business, it's the oldest, Stripe. She constantly wants to sit in people's laps now. There is no way to deter her. She thinks she moves slow enough so that she isn't noticed. Well, she actually does move slow enough so that the bell around her neck rarely makes any noise. For a solid 2 hours, I had to keep trying to get Stripe to stay off of me. Nothing working, including a water spray bottle. The only thing to keep her from doing it, is to just move and do something else.

Ok, I think I have enough of a start. I'm going to go get some sleep now.

No comments: